You can call NJP’s Veterans Project at 1-855-NJP-VETS (855-657-8387) if:
NJP’s Veterans Project provides free legal services to financially eligible low income and homeless veterans for civil (not criminal) legal problems that are barriers to housing, employment, and self-sufficiency. We provide legal advice, representation, and referrals on a variety of civil legal issues, including:
- Child Support
- Vacating Criminal Convictions / Records
- Consumer Law
- Housing Issues
- Discharge Upgrades (less than 15 years old)
NJP’s Veterans Project has prioritized the above case areas. However, there may be additional assistance available at NJP or other legal aid organizations. If you are a veteran and your issue is not listed above, you can apply online or call the CLEAR Hotline to find out if you qualify for free legal aid.
Free legal information for veterans is available on our web site Washington LawHelp including Representing Washington Veterans: Basic Legal and Cultural Concepts.
- NJP's Veterans Project has launched an interactive legal information resource for Washington veterans and advocates working to assist veterans: RepWaVets.org.
- Veteran Services by County
- Washington Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Stateside Legal
NJP Veterans Project is supported by Equal Justice Works and the National Corporation for Community Service – AmeriCorps, King County through the Veterans and Human Services Levy, and the Osborne family Foundation among other supporters.