Justice for all low-income people in Washington
Get Help

Get Legal Help

NJP provides legal assistance to eligible low-income families and individuals needing help with civil (non-criminal) legal problems in Washington state. View our Frequently Asked Questions for more info on the services we provide.

Call Us

Outside of King County, call the CLEAR Hotline at 1-888-201-1014 weekdays between 9:15 am - 12:15 pm. 

In King County call 2-1-1. 211 is open weekdays 8:00 am  - 6:00 pm. 211 will identify and refer you to the appropriate legal aid provider.

Seniors (age 60 and over) can also call CLEAR*Sr at 1-888-387-7111 (statewide)

Facing Foreclosure? Call 1-800-606-4819

Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired callers can call CLEAR or 2-1-1 (or toll-free 1-877-211-9274) using the relay service of their choice.

211 and CLEAR will provide interpreters.

Apply Online

You may also begin the application process for legal aid online through CLEAR*Online. You will answer questions about your finances and legal problem. If it looks like you are eligible for legal aid, you will be referred to a legal aid program for the next step. 

If you need help with a consumer (including debt collection, consumer fraud), housing, or government benefits problem, NJP will call you after you complete the online application. 

If you have a different legal problem, you will be directed to call the CLEAR Hotline or another legal aid program to finish the intake process. If no legal aid program can help you, the site will offer links to legal information that may help you solve the problem.

Legal Information

Washington LawHelp is a library of free "know your rights" articles, videos, court forms and do-it-yourself packets covering many common legal issues such as family law, housing, public benefits and money/debt problems.

This site also includes a directory of legal aid programs in Washington state. It's a good place to start researching your legal issue.